The Cisco® WAP551 Wireless-N Single Radio Selectable Band Access Point is a high-performance access point that enables small businesses to deliver business-class, high-capacity wireless connectivity and guest access securely and reliably. Simple yet powerful, it delivers rich features such as Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, a captive portal for customized guest access, support for IPv6 and quality of service, Power over Ethernet, and robust security to help safeguard business data and users. SmartSignal antenna technology optimizes wireless coverage. Single Point Setup simplifies the deployment of multiple access points without additional hardware. The Cisco WAP551 can be configured with an intuitive browser-based GUI and is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Feature and Capabilities
Get superior performance and coverage for mobile devices and bandwidth-heavy applications for your small business. The simple, controller-less management of Cisco WAP551 wireless access points uses optimized SmartSignal Antenna technology. These access points also offer:
- Single-radio, selectable band support of up to 450 Mbps for optimal capacity and coverage
- Gigabit Ethernet LAN interface for high-speed uplink to the wired network
- Comprehensive security with rogue access point detection to help protect sensitive business information
- Captive portal support for highly secure, customized guest access with multiple rights and roles
- SmartSignal Antenna to increase wireless coverage by automatically optimizing the antenna pattern