A stellar addition to your business, the SF300-24 Managed 24-Port 10/100 Ethernet Switch from Cisco is a feature-packed, 24-Port Fast Ethernet switch for your network. Beyond these ports, this switch also features four Gigabit Ethernet ports, two of which can operate as either mini-GBIC Ethernet or as standard RJ-45 Ethernet gigabit connections. With these particular ports, you can connect gigabit or fiber optic devices to the switch.
Aside from hardware, this switch is easy to setup and configure while still offering you advanced features for more demanding network applications. The switch features QoS so you can prioritize more important network traffic, such as VoIP or streaming video. In addition, with the switch you can setup access control lists to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users. You can also setup guest VLANs, granting non-employees limited access to your network. As a safeguard for your business operations, this switch separates your more important network traffic from the traffic on your guest VLANs.
In addition, the switch features static routing/Layer 3 switching between VLANs. In turn, this allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading the performance of applications run on these VLANs. You can also use this or multiple switches to manage your internal network while devoting your network's router to external traffic and security. Also, in terms of management, this switch supports IPv6, so as more products and services switch to this Internet Protocol, you'll be ready.
High Performance and Reliability
- This SF300-24 Switch has been rigorously tested to deliver the high availability and performance you expect from Cisco. The solutions speed up file transfer times and improve slow, sluggish networks, while keeping your vital business applications available and preventing costly downtime. As a managed switching solution, this switch also gives you the flexibility to manage and prioritize high-bandwidth traffic such as VoIP. That means you can empower your employees with state-of-the-art communication and productivity solutions, without draining the performance of your other business applications
Fast, Easy Setup and Configuration
- This SF300-24 Switch is designed to be easy to use and manage by small businesses and the partners who serve them. The included device manager software provides an intuitive, web-based interface to simplify setup, security, and quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritization, allowing even users without IT expertise to configure the switch in minutes. Cisco also provides a utility that works through a simple toolbar on the user's web browser to discover Cisco devices in the network and display basic information, such as serial numbers and IP addresses, to aid in the configuration and deployment of Cisco Small Business products
- This SF300-24 Switch uses Cisco Discovery Protocol to automatically detect all the devices connected to your network, so as to automatically configure itself for the appropriate connectivity and security. For more advanced capabilities and hands-on control, simple-to-use graphical tools such as Cisco Smartports provide preset options for configuring each port on a switch, based on Cisco best practices and pretested configurations. Although this Switch is designed to be deployed without using a command-line interface (CLI), Cisco Textview is available for those who prefer to use text-based configuration. Together, these features reduce the time your staff must devote to network deployment, management, and troubleshooting
- Embedded security protects management data traveling to and from the switch and encrypts network communications
- You can setup extensive access control lists (ACLs) to restrict sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks
- You can setup guest virtual LANs (VLANs) so as to provide Internet connectivity to nonemployee users while isolating and separating critical business services from guest traffic
- The Switch supports advanced network security applications such as IEEE 802.1X port security to tightly limit access to specific segments of your network
- The SF300-24 Switch also offers four Gigabit Ethernet ports, two of which are mini gigabit interface converter (mini-GBIC) expansion slots that give you the option to add fiber-optic or Gigabit Ethernet uplink connectivity to the switch. With the ability to increase the connectivity range of the switches, you have more flexibility to design your network around your unique business environment, and to easily connect switches on different floors or across the business
IP Telephony Support
- The SF300-24 Switch includes embedded QoS intelligence to prioritize delay-sensitive services such as voice and video, simplify unified communications deployments, and help ensure consistent network performance for all services. For example, automated voice VLAN capabilities let you plug any IP phone (including third-party phones) into your IP telephony network and receive an immediate dial tone. The switch automatically configures the device with the right VLAN and QoS parameters to prioritize voice traffic
Advanced Network Management Capabilities
- Static routing/Layer 3 switching between VLANs: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switches and dedicate your router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently
- IPv6 support: As the IP network addressing scheme evolves to accommodate more devices, you can make sure that your network is ready. The SF300-24 Switch provides native support for IPv6 as well as the previous IPv4 standard. As a result, you will be able to move up to the next generation of networking applications and operating systems without an extensive equipment upgrade
- Dual image support: With the ability to maintain dual images of your switches, you can perform software upgrades without having to take the network offline and without worrying about an outage during an upgrade
- Remote management: Using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), you can set up and manage all switches and other Cisco devices in your network remotely, instead of having to directly connect to them