The Cisco SPA525G2 IP phone can easily grow with your business. New features can be added to the phone over time via firmware updates. New employees or employees who need to move to another location can simply plug in their preconfigured phones anywhere on the network, and the network will recognize the change. The phone also supports wireless network connectivity, providing unrestricted placement without the cost of running network cabling.
The Cisco SPA525G2 5-Line IP Phone with Color Display (Figure 1) is an excellent choice for businesses that require an enhanced user experience with a hosted IP telephony service, an IP private branch exchange (PBX), or a large-scale IP Centrex deployment. Part of the Cisco Small Business Series, the SPA525G2 uses industry-leading SPA voice over IP (VoIP) technology from Cisco, with high-quality hardware providing additional connectivity via Bluetooth, PoE (802.3af), or a Wireless-G client (802.11g).
Standard Cisco SPA525G2 features include five active lines, VLAN-capable dual switched Ethernet ports, 802.3af PoE support, a 3.2-inch QVGA color display, a full-duplex, high-quality speakerphone, a Bluetooth interface, a Wireless-G (802.11g) client, a 2.5-mm stereo headset port, and a USB 2.0 host port. Each line can be configured independently to use a unique phone number (or extension) or can use a shared number that is assigned to multiple phones. The power supply for the SPA525G2 is sold separately. The optional SPA500S 32-button attendant console adds up to 64 buttons for receptionist positions.
The Cisco SPA525G2 IP Phone further improves the user experience with VPN and video surveillance applications. It includes an embedded AnyConnect Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN client that allows remote users to securely connect to their phone system and make calls over the Internet, without the need for additional hardware. The SPA525G2 also provides users the ability to view video feeds from Cisco WVC2300 and PVC2300 Business Internet Video Cameras, allowing users to quickly see different locations around the business in order to improve physical security. The SPA525G2 is part of the Cisco SPA500 Series IP Phones, a robust portfolio of small business phones providing a rich user experience that includes HD voice, on-phone applications, and intuitive menu options.
• Full-featured and stylish business IP phone supporting up to two Cisco® SPA500S Expansion Modules (32 button attendant consoles)
• Cisco Mobile Link: Bluetooth enhanced integration with mobile phones to make and receive calls, import your personal contacts, and charge your mobile phone
• Enhanced network connectivity with Power over Ethernet (PoE), 802.11g Wi-Fi client with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), and Bluetooth headset support
• Graphics-rich, high-resolution 3.2-inch QVGA 320 x 240 color screen
• Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client: Highly secure Internet phone connection for remote users that is simple and easy to set up
• MonitorView for monitoring up to four video surveillance cameras from your phone
• Cisco XML services framework: Support for productivity applications directly on your phone
• Support for multimedia functions, such as playing MP3s, displaying digital photos, and viewing RSS feeds
• Wideband audio for unsurpassed voice clarity and enhanced speaker quality
• Support for both Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Smart Phone Control Protocol (SPCP) with the Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business